It’s Just as Much About The Food as It Is the Game!
Let’s be honest, as much as you may love football, you’re probably in it as much for the food and the commercials. Sadly, game day food has a bad rep: greasy, fried and fattening… but it doesn’t have to be! This year, Little Spoon has some super bowl recipes for you and your kids! We’ve put together three recipes that are tasty AND healthy so you and can have it all this Super Bowl Sunday! Plus one bonus recipe for grown ups only. Check them out here:
For the the whole family!
Dip Well: Super Food, Super Humans
The Super Bowl and dips just go together. Try our simple twist on hummus and veggies featuring peas, tahini, and avocado.
- 2 containers Pea Tahini Green Apple Thyme Avocado Ground Chia Pear Babyblend
- 1 cup of your favorite hummus
- Place ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Move to a fresh bowl and serve with fresh cut veggies and warm pita bread.
Fiesta Time: Mini Taco Bowls
Up your taco-game with these mini baked taco cups using our Black Bean Mango Corn Lime Cilantro Babyblend.
- 5 10″ tortilla’s quartered
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 container Black Bean Mango Corn Lime Cilantro Babyblend
- 1/4 cup diced yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup diced orange pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Cut each tortilla quarter in half. Line each muffin tin with three tortilla triangles, overlapping as necessary. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool in pan for 2 minutes before removing to a rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, taco seasoning and Greek yogurt.
- In a separate bowl, combine vegetables and Babyblend. Place a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture in the center of each cup. Top with vegetables and drizzle with ranch dressing.
Get Poppin’: Baked Bite-sized Sweet Potato Poppers
The Corn Apple Sweet Potato Chive Pumpkin Seed Babyblend bites are what we like to call poppers done right!
- 2 containers Corn Apple Sweet Potato Chive Pumpkin Seed Babyblends
- 2 containers Sweet Potato Apple Red Bell Pepper Turmeric Babyblends
- 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheese of choice (mozzarella, cheddar or pecorino)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the panko breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Place the remaining ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir ingredients until thoroughly combined. One at a time, scoop one ounce of the mixture, roll into a ball and roll in panko breadcrumbs to evenly coat. Place on the baking sheet, spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 4-5 minutes before serving.
Grown Ups Only!
Get Fancy: Baby-Pink Champagne Cocktail
Who says cocktails have to be unhealthy? We sneak in the immune-boosting Beet Banana Mango Babyblend to get the best of both worlds!
- 4 ounces champagne
- 1 ounce of our Beet Banana Mango Babyblend
- 4 pomegranate seeds
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- Add the seeds and mint leaves to the bottom of a champagne flute.
- Add a scoop of the Beet Banana Mango followed by the champagne and serve.
Continuing the Fiesta: Mint Mango Mojito
Pair with your mini taco for a little South-of-the-border inspired sparkle featuring our Mango Babyblend.
- 4 ounces sparkling Elderflower lemonade
- 1.5 ounces rum
- 1 ounce of our Mango Babyblend
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cucumber sliced into a disc and a slice down the middle
- In a glass with ice cubes, add the lemonade, rum and mango. Stir until combined.
- Add the mint leaves and place the cucumber on the side of the glass. Serve immediately.
Photo credit: https://www.nutmegnanny.com/mango-mojito/